After the years I’ve spent as a Wedding Photographer, if there is one thing I know for sure – it’s that i’m not just a photographer. I love helping my brides from the very start of their planning, right through to the very end – when they see their 12 months – or more – of dreaming come together on their Wedding Day as they marry their beloved. As part of my role (and dedication) to my brides, I’m always on the lookout for up & coming vendors that might be perfect for my girls – imagine my delight when this stunning new venue called Taverna catches my eye on Insta (if anyone knows me, you know how addicted I am to Instagram haha) as well as a killer article on The Metropolist (which you can read here!) Now, these photos are from Taverna’s own social feed – but hopefully in the future, I’ll have my own photos to share of this gorgeous venue located in Kingscliff – just over the NSW border!
ABOUT THIS VENUE
Taverna is project from the same passionate team who brought us Osteria, which is one of my FAVOURITE venues on the Tweed Coast (just check out some of the outdoor Wedding Receptions that unfold at Osteria – you’ll fall in love with it too!). Mark and Lia Wilson, together with Lee Middendorf, have pooled their skills to bring the world an incredible dining experience within the seaside township of Kingscliff. I’m seriously in love with this new venue even more, understanding how it all started! I think it also helps that I’m dying to get to Santorini and to photograph a wedding using that stunning whitewashed backdrop… and this is as close as it looks like I’m going to get for now – which I’m totally ok with!
– Address: 22 Marine Parade, Kingscliff NSW (beachside dining at it’s best!)
– Ideal for intimate and exclusive weddings of up to 64 people with views to the ocean from almost every seat!
– Taverna is available for exclusive use from Monday to Thursdays (it’s not available from Friday through to Sunday, but to be honest – mid week weddings are becoming SO popular, why not get married on a weekday!)
– Plenty of available street parking for guests, including a larger open air carpark that is just down the road on Marine Parade, nearby Taverna.
– Kingscliff is a beautiful wedding destination, with plenty of options for your Wedding Ceremony and for your Bridal Portraits. From the white sands of the beach, to the fields of long sugarcane – you’ll honestly be spoilt for choice! I adore this part of Northern NSW and daylight savings just adds to it’s charm, allowing that extra hour of daylight at just the right time on a Wedding Day, when compared to Weddings just up the road in Queensland!
p.s If you want to see some wedding photos using sugarcane fields, check out Dom & Ria’s here!
If you want to see more of what Taverna have to offer, see the links below: